Sunday, February 27, 2011

200 Followers & The Oscars!

200+ followers?

Seriously, 200+ followers? More than two-freakin-hundred people are interested in reading the random-ass stuff I post on this blog?

Consider my mind blown.

Thank you so much, everybody, for following. I will do my best to provide you with interesting material and make clicking that little 'Follow' button worth it!

In other news, who's watching the Academy Awards tonight?

*raises hand super high, lifting her butt out of her seat like Hermione when she's eager to answer a question in class*

This year, once again, the Oscars have a personal element for me. My second cousin, Craig Berkey, is nominated in the sound category for his work on True Grit. He works on all the Coen Brothers' movies and this is his second nomination! I'm hoping he wins tonight -- but as they say, it's an honour just to be nominated. Listen for him when they announce nominees for sound!!!

Anyway, I'm off to my annual Oscar party... ta ta!

6 comments:

  1. Have fun at your Oscar Party! :D

    Congrats on your 200 followers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your over 200 now followers! I really like your blog!:)
    I'd watch the Oscars, but it's almost 4am here and I should go to sleep.LOL But good luck to your cousin!*fingers crossed*

    (I'll probably watch the Awards offline one of these days).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for all your followers! I always think your blog posts are cool ~ although I don't always have time to stop by and comment.

    I didn't even know the oscars were on tonight, haha. I ma so out of the loop ~ we get them in Australia late, so all the news already leaks through before it airs, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody!

    Craig didn't win, but Matthew McConaughey said his name twice while presenting the nominees for the two categories! And it's pretty cool to see a face you know over Colin Firth's shoulder in the audience :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. its so cool having a relative in the entertainment industry, isn't it?! even if they're behind the curtain-ers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is, Aleeza! Especially when they tell you stories about meeting your favourite actors at parties and stuff. Do you have a show-biz relative, too?

    ReplyDelete