Monday, July 26, 2010

Thoughts on Sisters Red

This book has one of the best graphic covers I've ever seen. Totally represents the book, too, which is always good.

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce...

I don't have all that much to say about this book. The story was really good - two sisters kicking werewolf ass. Freaking awesome. A fantastic alternative to the mushy werewolf books that have been popular, lately.

The main characters, Scarlett and Rosie March, were great. Even though we don't get too big an impression of their real personalities, they are pretty fully fleshed out. My one qualm with the characters is that, in their first-person POVs in alternating chapters, their voices sounded much the same.

But it wasn't really a big deal. This book was enjoyable, and really sucked me in. It's about time a YA paranormal really had some blood, guts and action! The romance was present as well, but it took more of a backseat to the paranormal elements. Definitely refreshing, what with all the romance-heavy, action-devoid paranormal novels out there. I did really like the fact that the werewolves were the enemy, not the romantic objects.

I don't have that much to say. I liked it. Not my favourite book of the year, but I enjoyed it.

I guess werewolves just aren't really my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment