Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo, Day 1!

So today is Day 1 of NaNoWriMo, as I'm sure you know. Unless you live under a rock. Which I'm pretty sure you don't, if you're reading this blog!

And if you've read this blog before, you'll probably be aware of the fact that I freaking love NaNo.

Well, I capped off Day 1 with 3,367 words. Definitely not as high as my Day 1 in Camp NaNo this summer, where I wrote over 6k. x_x no idea how I did it. But 3,367 is over twice the daily goal, so hooray!

My NaNo novel is titled THE DEAD RINGERS, and it's a YA murder mystery, which is definitely a departure for me. I adore murder mysteries, though, so I'm having a really fun time writing one myself.

I'll have a proper post soon (with pictures!) detailing what I did over the weekend! It was exciting! Stay tuned! Until then, happy writing!

3 comments:

  1. ohhh I'm intrigued. I love YA and I love murder mysteries! Can we get a synopsis or photos? I'd be so interested!
    Off to a great start. I wrote 2100 words on day 1 and then decided the story was a disaster so started a new one today!! So I'm a little behind but that's nothing that the weekend can't fix.
    Can't wait to hear more on your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope NaNo goes well for you. Sounds like you're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great first day word count! And when I did my novel month last January, I had to break out 6000 words in one day. That's a lot! That's awesome that you love NaNoWriMo so much. I like the idea and love to do it, just not in November. I know. Lame. But good luck! I'm excited for everyone participating.

    ReplyDelete