Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I win NaNo!

30 days.

50,213 words.

One girl. One boy. One murder. One almost-romance.

I'm so glad to have this thing over-with. Not because I didn't enjoy writing it -- I definitely did -- but because now I can go back to my other book. It beckoned me with its siren's call all through November and I missed it like the desert misses the rain. And now we can be together again. My NaNo novel can now spend lots of time in the bottom of the drawer to think about what it's done.

But seriously, it was a good NaNo. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone a little in writing a murder mystery, and it turned out well. I could see myself writing another, possibly even a sequel to this one -- and if you know me at all, you know I am not the kind of writer who writes sequels. So this may just have been a game-changing NaNo! But it needs so much revision, and I'm so tired of it, so it'll definitely be months before I pick this one up again.

I've been up to so much this past month and I haven't blogged half as much as I should have. I have a ton of ideas for posts that should be coming soon. Especially one long overdue one which includes me having met a lovely YA author in person :)

Stay tuned! There's lots to come from me!

And if you won NaNo too, congratulations! How'd it go? Are you going to go back and revise your book, or does it get shoved in a drawer?

3 comments:

  1. Yay you! God, I've got to try a NaNo sometime. Except that I'm ALWAYS swamped with exams in November, which makes it quite difficult to keep up with :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! And that murder mystery sounds intriguing. I should do NaNo sometime, even though I'd probably be a train wreck by the end of November.

    Raindrop Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning NaNo, and well done for resisting the call of your other novel for so long. Now, you get to revise it to your heart's content :).

    ReplyDelete