Friday, October 15, 2010

I'm Wide Awake, It's Friday

Happy Friday, everybody! Except that Friday actually heralds the beginning of my work week, so I'm actually in for a weekend not of relaxation but of torture...

Anyways, I've been working on my revision almost all day so far, from the time I got out of the shower at 9:30 to about an hour ago at 1:00. I'm pretty happy about where it's going - the agent that gave me all the edit notes totally, absolutely understands the story. It's incredible how much stronger the changes she suggested are making the novel.

The only thing I'm struggling with today is trying to take it one thing at a time. As I'm working, I keeping finding myself thinking about scenes coming up, or scenes I've already read through, and it's wrecking my concentration. I really have to make an effort to focus and remind myself that those scenes I find myself obsessing over will still be there when I'm done editing the current scene!

Also, today I started reading Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund, which I've been waiting to read since last year! Today is a good, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment